Owner/SEO Consultant/Internet Marketing Manager (2007 - Present)
Gearhed Media Group
Marketing and Advertising
Performed market research, competitive analysis and site optimization. Ranking clients in large competitive markets resulting in almost 300% increase in business revenue.
● Perform SEO consulting for local and national clients to achieve first page listings in the major search engines, resulting in increased traffic and sales.
● Design Keyword research for diverse business industries including restaurants and consumer service organizations.
● Created over 60 ecommerce websites in various niche subjects, built traffic and sales, and then sold them for a profit.
SEO Strategist (2011 - 2012)
Privately Held, 11-50 employees, Program Development
Performed market research, competitive analysis, website optimization, and link acquisition assistance for each client’s website. Promoted to the position of SEO Strategist after successfully completing a two month internship.
● Built internal optimization systems that ensured content optimization across all platforms and user experiences.
● Effectively set SEO performance indicators to complement corporate marketing and business objectives.
● Promoted onsite and offsite activities to build ranking for user profiles and traffic.
● Produced client campaign dashboard reports for management and client review.
● Designed and supervised training documentation creation for use by internal and outsourced employees.
● Created a process to determine the top 5 competitors for all client keywords, and then analyze those top competitor sites to identify target keywords. Applied checking optimization techniques, and analyzed back and outbound links and strategies used to gain traffic.
Network & Systems Administrator and SEO Strategist (2007 - 2011)
Privately Held, 1001-5000 employees, Aviation & Aerospace
Successfully performed multiple roles simultaneously. Responsible for the planning, organization, and execution of the company operation for a 24/7 network infrastructure, Additionally responsible for online marketing materials, website redesign, and the integration of an applicant tracking system.
● Coordinated the corporate office expansion, network upgrade and WAN connection for four branch offices and five home office setups with 60+ employees, while continuing to provide systems support for end users.
● Designed and implemented a hardware consolidation that allowed company expansion without incurring additional office space leasing costs.
● Reduced hardware and software costs by performing budget analysis and evaluating and renegotiating contracts.
● Established the company offsite network disaster recovery system.
● Provided project oversight for enhancements to the applicant tracking system used by employees in every department of the organization.
● Redesigned the company website using various SEO techniques. Resulted in successfully raising the website standings in the three major search engines to first page rankings for identified keywords.
Network & Systems Administrator (2003 - 2006)
Rhinotek Computer Products
Privately Held, 51-200 employees, Business Supplies and Equipment
Responsible for maintaining maximum availability of desktop services for the user community. Built, configured and troubleshot server and desktop hardware. Produced operational, system and user procedures documentation. Designed, implemented and managed Active Directory. Processed nightly backup procedures.
● Efficiently completed the desktop migration of 150 desktops from Windows 95/98 to Windows XP.
● Responsible for the administration of 20 HP and Compaq Servers configured with Windows NT4, Server 2000, and 2003 operating systems, as well as Exchange 2003, SQL 2000 and Great Plains Solomon.
● Streamlined the nightly procedures through a series of scripting, scheduling, and server consolidations, resulting in the reduction of 3.5 hours of nightly processing time.
● Managed firm wide telecommunications and network wiring.
● Solved a long standing issue with the MS Exchange system by upgrading to MS Exchange 2003 Enterprise, implementing HP Storageworks SAN, and setting size limits on incoming/outgoing mail and mailbox quotas.
Systems Administrator (2000 - 2003)
Public Company, 10,001+ employees, Consumer Electronics
Became a full time employee after exceeding company expectations for a laptop migration project installation. Increased production to upgrade 30 laptops per day instead of the initially budgeted 20 per day rate, resulting in project completion ahead of schedule and under budget. Solely responsible for the entire corporate office migration of new computers.
● Upgraded 2000+ users located in three physical locations from Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 9x to Windows 2000 by re-imaging existing workstation with Windows 2000 Ghost image from server. Each workstation consisted of the Dell Optiplex and Latitude series. The number of workstations per site ranged from 50-1200+.
● Installed and configured Windows 2000 desktops and laptops to connect to the Pioneer network. Migrated user and Pioneer data assets from NT 4.0 and Windows 9x to 2000. Performed SMS file-transfer and verified all data transfers/conversion integrity.
● Provided customer phone and desktop support via Microsoft SMS for over 2500+ users in three divisions. Used Frontrange Heat to track ticket status. Effectively collaborated with other groups within Pioneers IT division for additional technical support, as needed.
Support Tech/Teacher’s Aide (2000 - 2000)
Computer Education Institute
Marketing and Advertising
Provide computer and network assistance for students during class.
Work with trainer during the class to help answer any questions the students have.
Maintain classroom network, replacing computers and parts as necessary.
Network Technician (2000 - 2000)
Privately Held, 1001-5000 employees, Information Technology and Services
Contract position with Pioneer Electronics upgrading laptops and desktops in a 1 day turn around time unpacked, upgraded and shipped 40 laptops and desktops per day.
PC Technician for the following clients (1999 - 1999)
Privately Held, 51-200 employees, Staffing and Recruiting
Entex - Relocation Technician – Los Angeles, CA
Coordinated the removal of 500 off lease desktops and reinstallation of new Dell desktops for Medicare Facility.
Network Inventory Technician (1999 - 1999)
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Public Company, 5001-10,000 employees, Entertainment
Contract inventory technician for all computers and network devices on the Sony Pictured Entertainment back lot and corporate office.
Graphic Artist (1997 - 1999)
Public Company, 10,001+ employees, Printing
I worked as a Typesetter at the LaserType Long Beach location, Before that I worked in various positions including Graphic Artist and Computer support at several locations in Southern California, mainly in the Costa Mesa Location.
Skills & Expertise
Search Engine Positioning, HTML + CSS, SEO, SEM, Keyword Research, Wordpress, Internet Strategy, Online Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Web Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, PPC, Organic Search, Yahoo Search Marketing, Social Media, Search Engine Ranking, Online Reputation Management, Blog Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Conversion Optimization, Article Marketing, Link Building, Landing Page Optimization, System Administration, Windows System Administration, Disaster Recovery, Backup & Restore, LAN-WAN, VPN, Firewalls, Network Administration, TCP/IP, Virtualization, System Migration
Marc is the go to guy! You need something done he's there to do it and always with a smile. It was a pleasure working with Marc and would recommend him to any company.
Since bringing Marc on to direct my business's SEO efforts, we've seen a positive trend towards potential clients reaching out to us for new work. His no-nonsense approach has really helped save time and provided us with a new understanding of the value of our website.
Marcus Roy Hoffman
Marc always had a strong work ethic and did whatever it took to get the job done. He was constantly trying to make improvements to our IT related issues and made my job easier and easier every day. He was truely an asset to Strom Aviation.
Marcus J Koschak
Marc is a really sharp guy who is able to think outside the box to resolve issues others can't.He never failed us in a time of need, and was always a pleasure to work with, even in stressful conditions. His personality, coupled with his talents, makes for a great employee.
Marc has great technical acuity =)
Marc is one of the friendliest people I know. Marc knows his job extremely well, and I can always count on him for a quick answer to any of my questions or to get any job done. He is very reliable and always has a can do attitude.
A true measure of how well we regarded Marc is we would rehire him in a heartbeat. He is a dedicated, focused individual who continues to work on improving his environment. I know we were well served with Marc on the job.
Marc is a great problem solver and has become a generalist out of necessity at Strom. Please do not hire him as we don't want him to leave.